Workshops & Lectures
Workshops to spark your imagination
- Mindfulness Meditation : An Active Approach to Looking After Our Mind
- Discover the benefits of mindfulness meditation and why taking an active approach to looking after our mind is as essential to our health and well-being as exercise and diet.
Sun, 7 Jun 2015
Be inspired by creative people
- London's Handwriting - The Story of Edward Johnston's Underground Typeface
- Come and hear former City Archivist Richard Taylor, now Project Curator at the London Transport Museum, tell the story behind the London Underground’s iconic examples of industrial design – and how it’s thanks to York that they exist in the first place!
Wed, 27 May 2015
- What's new with the Vikings?
- Discover the latest Viking research being undertaken by the University of York in this lecture for the 2015 Festival of Ideas.
Tue, 16 Jun 2015
Delve into the history of York's mysteries
- York's Symbols Myths & Legends - A discovery trail
- Join us on this guided trail as we set forth to uncover the lost stories behind the carvings, figures and symbols on the streets of our ancient city.
Sun, 21 Jun 2015